22 – 29 June 2024
Picture yourself on the golden sands of Santa Cruz in Portugal, with the waves calling you to dive into an unforgettable adventure.
As June casts its enchanting spell on Portugal’s coast, the pristine beaches of Santa Cruz come alive with the perfect swells for beginners and intermediate surfers alike. The gentle, rolling waves offer an ideal playground for those who want to move their first steps towards the ocean or improve their skills. Feel the thrill of riding your first wave, as the supportive guidance of seasoned instructors encourages you to push beyond your limits and discover the surfer within.
This is an immersive surf experience dedicated to anyone who would like to dive into surfing in one of the best locations in Europe.
Open to total beginners to beginner-intermediate surfers, NALU Portugal Experience is designed to make you feel safe and comfortable while you learn how to surf, receiving feedback, guidance, video-analysis and improve your ocean knowledge.
You will have plenty of water time – 5 sessions in different spots – plus the chance to do some supervised free-surfing.
After this immersive surf week, you will be able to read a basic forecast, pinpoint which conditions and spots are good for you, how to take care of your surf material, catching white waters – or unbroken waves, depending on where you start – the basics of paddling, turning and take off.
Included in the camp, there are 4 yoga or meditation/breathwork classes designed to allow your body to rest and recover from physical activities and work on your mental wellbeing.
These practices will help soothing fears, frustration and mind chatter, which are very typical mental activities when you are learning something new and challenging. In this retreat, yogic and breathwork techniques will be used as tools to support your sport experience and improving your mental attitude.
Our retreat is a unique coaching experience and it is open to only 12 participants. This allows us to take very good care of you as we work with 4 coaches in total: we focus very closely to you and your progression, your individual needs and feedback even if we go to the water as a group.
Want some extra goodness? Portugal offers an incredible culinary tradition! Indulge in the local flavors of Portugal, a fusion of fresh seafood, savory delicacies, and vibrant, nourishing ingredients. Unwind in the company of like-minded individuals, forging bonds and memories that will linger long after the sun sets on the shore.
Ignite your passion, and embark on an unforgettable journey. Let the magic of the ocean awaken your soul and the serenity of yoga soothe your mind. Embrace the call of the waves – a transformative experience awaits you.
You will stay at Santa Cruz Surf Lodge, a beautiful, high-end surf house. It is the perfect place for surfers to find a lovely balance between surf lessons, chill out and relax.
The Lodge features a cozy living room and beautiful garden with swimming pool and BBQ station, lush grass for relaxing in the sun after a long day of surf or to practice yoga and meditation. Right in front of the lodge there is space for parking.
Surflodge Santa Cruz is located just 5 minutes away from the beach. It is just a short walk or bike ride from the center of Santa Cruz. This seaside village gives you the opportunity to try local Portuguese restaurants and bars.
Santa Cruz offers beautiful beaches with great uncrowded surfing within short distance. In case of weak conditions at our local beach, it is strategically located between Ericeira and Peniche. This way, we will be able to find a suitable beach for the day thanks our local coaches’ knowledge from Santa Cruz Surf School.
This school will collaborate with NALU during the entire retreat and provide material, transfers and experienced coaches. Important for NALU students: Coach Daniele Moscardini will be assisting every class, but he will not be the only coach. He will be there for tips, mental coaching and he will enter the water with you. However, please remember that we are guests at this location and therefore, Santa Cruz Surf School’s coaches are the one in charge in the water.
Location: Santa Cruz, Torre Vedras, Portugal / Santa Cruz Surf Lodge
Date: 22-29 June 2024
Regular Price: 1090€
Early Bird Price: 950€
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
At the time of booking, you will pay a NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. This deposit is NON REFUNDABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. The final balance is due on the 3rd of May 2024.
Payment plans available for those in need to split payments a bit more. Plans will be calculated on the Regular Price as base. If you need it, send us an email and we can discuss it together!
- 5 Group Surf Coaching Sessions w/ Santa Cruz Surf School coaches & Daniele Moscardini as extra coach who will always be there too.
- 4 Yoga or Meditation or Breathwork Classes w/ Carolina Benzi (depending on weather and group needs)
- Surf Theories according to spots, conditions and group level
- All transfers to surf spots
- 1-2 supervised free-surfing depending on the conditions & your level
- Surf material
- 1 video Analysis
- RC Insurance during surfing
- 7 nights at Santa Cruz Surf Lodge in superior, spacious and freshly renovated quadruple rooms w/private bathroom either ensuite or right in the corridor.
- 7 Breakfasts (veg options available upon request)
- 4 Dinners (veg options available upon request)
- Use of swimming pool and garden
- Free use of bikes
- Welcome gift from NALU
- Transfer from Lisboa Airport to Surf Santa Cruz Lodge: it is possible to book it at an extra fee starting from 25€ pp for a group of 5 or more people arriving together. The price goes up to 70€ for solo or duo travellers. Please let us know if you are interested.
- Any food not mentioned in the ‘what is included’ list
- Car rental – if you want to have full freedom, you need to take care of this yourself. Transfers are included only during surf activities.
- Travel Insurance or Cancellation Insurance