21 FEBRUARY – 1 MARCH 2024
Imagine perfectly peeling waves. Warm water. Meditating surrounded by the sound of the jungle. A vibrant, rich, and multifaceted culture.
Nice right? It’s all real, and we can take you there.
Join us for an unforgettable surf and yoga retreat in the beautiful village of Hiriketiya, Sri Lanka, in February 2024! Sri Lanka boasts among the best spots for beginner and intermediate surfers in the world, and the timing couldn’t be more perfect, as during the winter the southern coast is in full high season.
Nestled in the middle of the jungle, Hiriketiya is a safe and cute village, an amazing bay with both a reef and beach break. The connection with nature and a slow lifestyle makes it a perfect environment to cultivate your yoga practice or take it up if you have never tried before.
You’ll be staying in an incredible villa, the Salt House Sri Lanka, which offers comfortable accommodations and serves delicious, healthy food and drinks, including fresh juices and smoothies, local Sri Lankan cuisine, and international options.
Our experienced and dedicated team, surf coach Daniele Moscardini and yoga & breathwork teacher Carolina Benzi, will be working together with local instructors and guides to make your experience even more enjoyable. We’ll explore different surf spots, introduce you to local culture and people and help you with anything you need.
Our surf coaching sessions will be led by 3 surf coaches in total: Daniele + 2 local coaches, who will help you improve your technique, build confidence in the water, and experience the thrill of riding waves.
Our coaching team has a wealth of knowledge and experience in surf coaching, and we are passionate about sharing our love of surfing with you.
In addition to surfing, you will practice daily yoga and breathwork in the beautiful yoga shala of Salt House, overlooking the lush jungle and ocean. Yoga practice will be tailored to all levels and will include a variety of lineages, such as hatha yoga, yin, and restorative yoga. We will also incorporate pranayama (breathing techniques), breathwork and meditation to help deepen your practice and cultivate mindfulness, inner peace and awareness. One breathwork session will be led by Gianluca Iacopini, a very experienced teacher, fully committed to this wonderful practice.
Included in the price are exciting excursions to explore the local area, including visits to temples, nature, and nearby towns.
At the end of each day, you can unwind and relax in the comfort of the Salt House Sri Lanka, which boasts a stunning pool, cozy lounges, and beautiful gardens.
Whether you’re looking to improve your surfing skills, deepen your yoga practice, or simply disconnect from everyday life and connect with nature and like-minded individuals, our retreat is the perfect choice for you.
This is a unique opportunity to surf in one of the best spots in the world to improve & learn safely, no matter what your level is. It is also a perfect place to meditate and practice yoga: life is slow, nature is everywhere and there are no external distractions.
Join us in Hiriketiya for an unforgettable and transformative experience.
BOOK NOW TO ENJOY EARLY BIRD PRICES: first 6 spots only!
Location: Hiriketiya, Sri Lanka / Salt House Hiriketiya
Accommodation: you will stay at a beautiful Salt House Villa in Hiriketiya, 100mt from the beach.
There are 6 double rooms ALL w/ ensuite bathroom.
– 3 double rooms w/ A/C – these rooms can be made into twins or kings
– 1 king bed room w/A/C
– 2 king bed rooms w/ ceiling fans.
We accomodate preferences following to a first come, best served policy.
Retreat date: 21 FEBRUARY – 1 MARCH 2024
At the time of booking, you will only pay €699 as a NON refundable deposit UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. You will be given instructions about how to pay the balance via bank transfer. The final balance is due on the 1st of December 2023. For bookings happening after this date, the full amount is required at the time of booking. WE ADVISE YOU TO CONTRACT PRIVATE TRAVEL INSURANCE that includes cancellation and medical care as this is NOT included.
- 7 Practices w/ Carolina (hatha yoga, meditation, yin yoga, breathwork)
- 1 breathwork session w/ Gianluca Iacopini
- 5 surf coaching classes w/ Daniele and the local instructor Dameera & his assistant
- Tuk tuk transfers during surf lessons, if needed
- Unlimited use of surfboards during free time
- 1 Satstang (yogic talk)
- Accommodation in Salt House Villa. Double rooms, all with private bathroom (4 rooms feature A/C and 2 feature ceiling fans)
- Access to private pool & garden
- Access to restaurant with delicious traditional food
- 10 Traditional Sri Lankan Breakfast with international/veg options
- 10 Traditional Sri Lankan Dinners with international/veg options
- Unlimited Tea and Water station all day
- 1 Excursion to a Buddhist temple
- Welcome goodie bag
- PDF with Sri Lanka & Hiriketiya Tips & Recommendations
- 50% discount on extra surf coaching (compared to ordinary NALU’s rates)
- Flights & Airport Transfer. We can give you tips to organize the transfer, but you’ll need to take care of the costs & logistics on your own. You are the sole responsible for that part of the trip.
- Tourist VISA or any extra travel cost
- Lunches and extra food
- Medical/Travel Insurance: it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, for your own safety, that you purchase medical & travel insurance (including cancellation insurance) for Sri Lanka, with a reputable company, to cover your entire trip. Remember that you are responsible for yourself during the trip, so please, make sure you contract insurance.
- Extra surf classes/private coaching. Daniele will be offering coaching at 50% discount of his normal rates. Depending on the ocean conditions, we might be able to offer extra surf classes or coaching. This will be decided during the retreat and you can decide if you want to join or not.
- Note: You are ENTIRELY responsible for organizing your Tourist Visa & to get any required vaccination certificate in good order before the trip. MAKE SURE TO TAKE CARE OF IT TIMELY and check any VISA or vaccination requirements for Sri Lanka depending on your passport & country of origin.
Early bird price: 1299€ first 6 spots
Regular price: 1399€ – the 2 remained spots are for TWIN AC room